DAHLONEGA, Ga. – The second-seeded Lander women's basketball team (23-6) travels to the Peach Belt Conference Tournament semifinals on Saturday as the Bearcats battle third-seeded Columbus State (19-8) at 5:30 p.m. for the right to advance to the title game.
WATCH: Peach Belt
LIVE STATS: Sidearm Sports
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander is participating in its 24th Peach Belt Conference tournament in 26 years. The Bearcats are 26-18 all-time in the PBC tournament. Lander is searching for its fifth tournament championship in program history (1999, '08, '09, '16).
• The PBC Women's Basketball Tournament is being hosted by North Georgia for the first time ever.
• The Bearcats are facing Columbus State in the PBC Tournament for the third consecutive season and the seventh time in history. Lander will be facing the Cougars before the championship for the first time since 2007. Columbus State owns a 5-1 overall record against the Bearcats in the PBC Tournament, including a 76-61 win in the tournament title game last season.
• Lander sits at No. 4 in the latest Southeast Regional poll.
• The Bearcats have won 10 of their last 11 games.
• Lander leads the PBC in scoring (79.8 points per game), field goals made per game (29.2), free throws made per game (16.6), free-throw percentage (74.6) and steals per game (14.6).
• The Bearcats are 7-4 all-time in the PBC Tournament semifinals.