GREENWOOD – The No. 17-ranked Lander men's soccer team (9-2-1) steps out of conference play as the Bearcats host Carson-Newman (9-3-2) at Van Taylor Stadium at 7:00 p.m.
WATCH: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS Men's Soccer
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderMSOC on Twitter for in-game updates
• The Eagles will be Lander's first non-conference opponent of the month after a matchup at Mars Hill earlier this month was cancelled.
• The Bearcats enter the match ranked No. 5 in the NCAA Southeast Regional rankings, while Carson-Newman sits at No. 4.
• Lander and Carson-Newman have played seven times, with the series even at 3-3-1. The Bearcats and Eagles last met in the 2013 NCAA Southeast Regional, when Carson-Newman prevailed in penalty kicks.
• The Bearcats stayed unbeaten in the Peach Belt Conference with a 1-1 tie at No. 7 Young Harris last Saturday. Lander is 16-0-2 in its last 18 regular season PBC matches.
• Sophomore goalkeeper Dean Cowdroy was named the PBC Goalkeeper of the Week for the second consecutive week at limiting the Mountain Lions to a single goal.
• The Bearcats are averaging a league-high 2.75 goals per match. Lander has also notched five shutouts, most in the conference.
• Saturday is "Toros Night" at Van Taylor Stadium. The Kid's Zone will be open outside the gates of the stadium, featuring inflatables, face-painting and more. SportsBreak will be serving beer and wine to patrons of age. There will also be a fireworks display following the match.