AIKEN, S.C. – The seventh-seeded Lander men's basketball team returns to the Peach Belt Tournament as the Bearcats face second-seeded and No. 6-ranked USC Aiken on Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m.
WATCH: Pacer Athletics
LIVE STATS: SideArm Stats
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderMBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (12-16, 11-11 PBC) is participating in its 24th Peach Belt Conference tournament in 28 years. The Bearcats are 19-19 all-time in the PBC tournament. Lander is searching for its fifth tournament championship in program history (1994, '95, '07, '16).
• The Bearcats faced USC Aiken (24-4, 18-4 PBC) twice during the regular season, with the Pacers winning both matchups by a combined 15 points.
• Lander and USC Aiken have met twice during the PBC Tournament. The Bearcats defeated the Pacers in the first round of the 2006 tournament, while USC Aiken eliminated Lander in the quarterfinals of the 2008 tournament.
• The Bearcats are seeking their third semifinal appearances in four seasons.
• Lander's last tournament win came in 2017, when the Bearcats upset Clayton State, 89-86, in double overtime. Lander became the first No. 4 seed from the Eastern Division to ever defeat the Western Division champion in the PBC Tournament.
• The Bearcats rank second in the conference in free throws made per game (17.9), free throw attempts per game (24.5), free throw percentage (72.9), and opponents' three-point percentage (34.0).
• Lander is 6-5 this season under interim head coach Ryan Hilburn.