GREENWOOD – The Lander baseball team opens an 11-game homestand Friday when the Bearcats begin a three-game series with No. 24-ranked Millersville at Dolny Stadium First pitch Friday is set for 5:00 p.m., with Saturday's game starting at 1:00 p.m. and Sunday's slated to begin at 12:00 p.m.
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderBaseball on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (1-3) are facing their fourth ranked opponent of the season.
• Millersville is beginning its season with 12 games away from home.
• The Bearcats knocked off No. 2 Tampa in the season opener before falling to No. 9 North Greenville and dropping two games to No. 19 Mount Olive at the Steinbrenner Field Spring Classic.
• Roury Glanton was named the Peach Belt Conference Player of the Week after batting .400 with three homers and seven RBI in Tampa.
• Lander and Millersville last met in the 2016 Division II College World Series, where the Marauders defeated the Bearcats 4-2 to advance to the national championship series.
• Millersville posted a 37-20 record last season, falling one win shy of a fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA Atlantic Regional championship.
• Lander will honor the life and legacy of former pitcher Jeremy "Worm" Cox prior to Saturday's game.