GREENWOOD – The Lander women's soccer team (5-2, 2-1 PBC) faces its second ranked foe of the season on Saturday as the Bearcats play host to No. 15 Columbus State (5-1, 2-1 PBC) at 3:00 p.m. at Van Taylor Stadium.
WATCH: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS: Women's Soccer
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWSoccer on Twitter for in-game updates
• The Bearcats trail the overall series with Columbus State 1-12-2. The Cougars won last season's meeting 5-0. Lander's lone victory in the series came on Oct. 20, 2012, when the Bearcats upset No. 10 CSU 2-0 in Columbus.
• Lander moved to 2-1 in Peach Belt Conference play on Wednesday night with a 2-0 win over Francis Marion. The victory was Lander's first home win ever over the Patriots.
• The Bearcats are looking for their first three-match winning streak at home since 2015, when Lander won four consecutive matches at Van Taylor Stadium from Sept. 30-Oct. 21.
• Lander is 7-0 in its last six matches when scoring first, including a 4-0 mark this season
• The Bearcats are one of only four teams in the conference surrendering just one goal or fewer per match this season.
• Lander currently ranks fifth in the PBC in attendance, averaging 198 fans per home match.
• The Bearcats are outscoring their opponents 8-4 in the second half this year.