COLUMBUS, Ga. – The fifth-seeded Lander women's basketball team takes on top-seeded and fourth-ranked Columbus State in the second round of the NCAA Southeast Regional on Saturday night at 7:30 p.m., at the Frank G. Lumpkin Jr. Center.
WATCH: Southeast Regional
LIVE STATS: Southeast Regional
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (25-7) is making its 11th apperance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcat are 9-10 overall in the NCAA Tournament and are back in the Southeast Regional for the third consecutive season. Lander earned its first-ever trip to the NCAA Tournament in 1999.
• Lander and Limestone have never met in the NCAA Tournament. The Cougars defeated the Bearcats 82-76 during the regular season and 76-61 in the Peach Belt Conference Tournament championship game.
• Lander's last appearance in the second round in the NCAA Tournament came in 2012, when the Bearcats knocked off USC Aiken, 61-55.
• Lander has won at least 25 games in a season for the fourth time in program history. The Bearcats recorded back-to-back 25-win seasons in 2010-11 and 2011-12 and won 25 games last season.
• Junior Breshay Johnson was selected as the Peach Belt Conference Player of the Year last week. The forward from Hopkins, S.C., leads the PBC in field-goal percentage (60.9%), free throws (135-for-198) and offensive rebounds (146).
• The Peach Belt Conference has had at least one team advance to the second round of the NCAA Tournament every year since 1996. This marks the second consecutive season that multiple PBC teams have advanced to the second round.
• Lander is searching for its first appearance in the NCAA Southeast Regional championship since 2012.