COLUMBUS, Ga. – The fifth-seeded Lander women's basketball team travels to Columbus State looking to make a run in the NCAA Southeast Regional beginning with an opening round matchup against fourth-seeded Limestone on Friday night at 8:00 p.m., at the Frank G. Lumpkin Jr. Center.
WATCH: Southeast Regional
LIVE STATS: Southeast Regional
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (24-7) is making its 11th apperance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcat are 8-10 overall in the NCAA Tournament and are back in the Southeast Regional for the third consecutive season. Lander earned its first-ever trip to the NCAA Tournament in 1999.
• Lander and Limestone have met just once in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcats topped the Saints in the first round of the 2012 Southeast Regional, advancing all the way to the Elite Eight.
• Lander's last victory in the NCAA Tournament came in the 2012 Southeast Regional championship, when the Bearcats outlasted Wingate, 72-67, in double-overtime.
• Lander has won at least 20 games in a season for the 14th time in program history. The Bearcats have recorded three consecutive 20+ win seasons for the first time since meeting the 20-win mark five consecutive times from 2007-12.
• Junior Breshay Johnson was selected as the Peach Belt Conference Player of the Year last week. The forward from Hopkins, S.C., leads the PBC in field-goal percentage (60.9%), free throws (135-for-198) and offensive rebounds (146).
• The Peach Belt Conference has put at least three teams in the NCAA Tournament for the second consecutive season. Lander, Columbus State and Clayton State are all returning to the tournament after advancing to the postseason last year, while Augusta and Francis Marion also made the Southeast Regional last season.
• Lander is searching for its first back-to-back 25-win seasons since 2009-10 and 2010-11, when the Bearcats finished 27-4 and 29-4.