GREENWOOD – The Eastern division champion Lander women's basketball will play for the Peach Belt Conference tournament title for the second consecutive season on Sunday, as the Bearcats face Western division champion and fourth-ranked Columbus State at 4:30 p.m., in Horne Arena.
WATCH: Peach Belt
LIVE STATS: Championship
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (24-6) is is appearing in the PBC title game for the seventh time in program history. The Bearcats are playing for their fifth tournament championship (1999, '08, '09, '16).
• The Bearcats faced Columbus State in the championship last year, as Lander defeated the Cougars 72-68 in Columbus to claim the title.
• Sunday's contest marks the second time in PBC history that the championship game has featured a rematch of the previous season's championship. Columbus State defeated Georgia College in the 2014 and 2015 championship games.
• Lander moved up the ranks to No. 5 in the latest Southeast Regional poll.
• The Bearcats has won 14 of their last 15 games.
• Junior forward Breshay Johnson became the third Bearcat player in program history to be named the Peach Belt's Player of the Year on Friday. Johnson joins Shannon McKever, who won the award in 2010-11, and Tierra Good, who was the conference's Player of the Year in 2006-07 and 2007-08
• The Bearcats placed two players on the first-team All-PBC squad for the first time in program history, as Johnson and senior guard Ty'hesha Reynolds were both named first-team All-PBC selections. Junior guard Mylea McKenith earned second-team honors, giving Lander three All-PBC players for the first time since 2011-12.