GREENWOOD – The Eastern division champion Lander women's basketball hosts the Peach Belt Tournament semifinals on Saturday in Horne Arena as the Bearcats battle Clayton State at 6:00 p.m. for the right to advance to the title game.
WATCH: Peach Belt
LIVE STATS: Semifinals
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (23-6) is participating in its 23rd Peach Belt Conference tournament in 25 years. The Bearcats are 24-17 all-time in the PBC tournament. Lander is searching for its fifth tournament championship in program history (1999, '08, '09, '16).
• The PBC Tournament is back in Greenwood for the fifth time and the first time since 2007.
• The Bearcats are facing Clayton State for the second consecutive season and the sixth time in history. Lander will be playing the Lakers for the fourth time in the last five PBC Tournaments. Clayton State owns a 4-1 overall record against the Bearcats in the PBC Tournament, but Lander defeated the Lakers 95-67 in the semifinals last season.
• Lander moved up the ranks to No. 5 in the latest Southeast Regional poll.
• The Bearcats has won 13 of their last 14 games.
• Lander leads the PBC in scoring (80.6 points per game), field goal percentage (.425), assists (508), steals (363), turnover margin (+7.04), assist/turnover margin (1.2) and three-pointers made (209).
• Junior forward Breshay Johnson leads the Peach Belt in scoring (17.1 points per game), field goal percentage (.619) and offensive rebounds (133).