Wingate, N.C. – The Lander men's cross country team is set to race in its first NCAA Regionals competition since the year 1999. The Bearcats will take to the Wingate University Cross Country Facility at 10:15 a.m. on Saturday as Lander looks to extend its first season in nearly two decades.
• Four different runners have been the initial Bearcat to cross the finish line in races this season. Senior Dylan Scott led the team at the Eye Opener Invitational and the Peach Belt Conference Championship, while freshmen Jeron Brown, Evin Fortenberry and Yancy Killian have all finished first on one occasion this season.
• Lander received an early look at Saturday's course on Nov. 4th during the Bulldog Stampede at Wingate. The team finished 15th at the 7th annual running of the event. Brown topped the Bearcats with a team-high finish of 98th with a time of 41:35.
• Mount Olive enters Saturday's contest as the top-ranked team in the Southeast Region. Fellow Peach Belt Conference members Augusta, Georgia College, Columbus State and Flagler all find themselves in the top 10 of the Southeast Regional Rankings this week.
• Scott was the fastest runner for the Bearcats two weeks ago at the PBC Championship. The senior finished 35th with a time of 27:24.
• Mount Olive won last year's Southeast Regional by 20 points over second-place finisher Mars Hill.