SURPRISE, Ariz. – The No. 4-ranked and third-seeded Lander men's tennis team (22-3) looks to extend its NCAA Tournament run on Wednesday morning as the Bearcats face Washburn (13-5) out of the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association in the Round of 16 at 11:00 a.m. at the Surprise Tennis & Racquet Center.
LIVE STATS: Stat Broadcast
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderTennis on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander is making its 25th apperance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcats are 56-17 overall in the NCAA Tournament and are making their 13th consecutive appearance. Since joining the NCAA Division II ranks in 1992-93, the Bearcats have missed the NCAA Tournament just once.
• The Bearcats and Ichabods have never met in the NCAA Tournament.
• Lander is aiming to return to the NCAA Tournament quarterfinals for the first time since 2015.
• The Bearcats have set the school record for wins in a season, surpassing the mark of 21 wins in 1997 and 1999
• Washburn is in the Round of 16 for the first time since 2008.
• The Ichabods are the Central Region champions, having defeated Nebraska-Kearney 5-3 in the championship match.
• Junior Eirik Groner was awarded the NCAA Division II Men's Tennis Elite 90 award on Monday night, presented to the student-athlete with the highest cumulative grade-point average participating at the finals site for each of the NCAA's championships.