SAVANNAH, Ga. – The No. 8-ranked and third-seeded Lander men's tennis team team takes on second-seeded and seventh-ranked Armstrong State in the second round of the NCAA Southeast Regional on Sunday afternoon at 1:00 p.m., at the Armstrong State Tennis Complex.
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderTennis on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (17-5) is making its 24th apperance in the NCAA Tournament. The Bearcats are 54-16 overall in the NCAA Tournament and are making their 12th consecutive appearance. Since joining the NCAA Division II ranks in 1992-93, the Bearcats have missed the NCAA Tournament just once.
• Lander holds a 3-1 all-time record against Armstrong State in the NCAA Tournament. The Pirates defeated the Bearcats 5-0 in the second round of the 2009 Mid-Atlantic Regional.
• The Bearcats are searching for their first win over Armstrong State since 2004.
• Lander has won at least two matches in 14 of its previous 23 NCAA Tournament appearances.
• The Bearcats have won at least 17 matches in a season for the 17th time in program history. The Bearcats have recorded seven consecutive 17+ win seasons, the longest such stretch in program history.
• Groner is ranked No. 42 in the latest Oracle/ITA Division II men's national singles rankings.