FLORENCE, S.C. – The No. 5-ranked and third-seeded Lander men's tennis team returns to the Peach Belt Tournament semifinals for the sixth consecutive season as the Bearcats face second-seeded and No. 3-ranked Armstrong State on Saturday afternoon at 1:00 p.m., at the Dr. Eddie Floyd/Florence Tennis Center.
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderTennis on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (16-4, 8-2 PBC) is participating in its 26th Peach Belt Conference tournament. The Bearcats have never missed the PBC tournament, owning a 26-16 all-time record since the tournament went to a head-to-head format in 2000. Lander is searching for its 12th tournament championship in program history (11 consecutive titles from 1992-2002).
• The Bearcats have recorded 15 or more wins for the eighth consecutive season and the 11th time in the past 12 years.
• Lander and Armstrong State have met seven times in the PBC Tournament, with Lander holding a 4-3 series lead. Armstrong State defeated Lander 5-0 in the semifinals in 2014.
• The Bearcats have been ranked in the top-five of every Oracle/ITA Division II Men's National Team Rankings this season.
• Lander has won its opening round PBC Tournament match 14 times since 2000.
• Sophomore Eirik Groner was chosen as the Peach Belt Conference Player of the Week last week.
• Lander went 10-0 at home this season, extending its winning streak to 18 consecutive matches at the Joe Cabri Tennis Center.