Evans, Ga. – The No. 23-ranked and top-seeded and Lander men's soccer team (11-3-1) returns to the Peach Belt Tournament semifinals for the third consecutive season as the Bearcats face fifth-seeded Clayton State (8-8-1) on Friday night at 5:00 p.m., at Blanchard Woods Park.
WATCH: Peach Belt
LIVE STATS: Semifinals
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderMSOC on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander is participating in its 26th Peach Belt Conference tournament in 27 years. The Bearcats are 33-21 all-time in the PBC tournament. Lander is searching for its fifth tournament championship in program history (1991, '96, '06, '09).
• The Bearcats faced Clayton State on Sept. 16 at Van Taylor Stadium, defeating the Lakers 2-0 behind a goal and an assist from Richard Bryan. Lander snapped Clayton State's streak of 19 consecutive matches with a goal.
• Overall, the Bearcats and Lakers have met five times in the PBC Tournament, with Lander holding a 3-2 series lead. Clayton State defeated Lander in the 2007 conference championship match in overtime.
• Lander fell to No. 23 in the United Soccer Coaches Division II Men's National Poll this week. The Bearcats sit at No. 5 in the NCAA Southeast Regional poll.
• The Bearcats are looking to return to the PBC Tournament championship for the third consecutive season. Lander played in four consecutive championship matches from 2006-09. The Bearcats played for five straight titles from 1993-97.
• Lander leads the PBC in scoring (2.67 goals/match), points (113), assists (33) and shutouts (6).
• The Bearcats have scored in 14 consecutive matches, while Clayton State has 10 straight matches with a goal.