CONOVER, N.C. – The No. 17-ranked Lander men's golf team takes on 19 other teams this week at the NCAA South/Southeast Regional at the par-71, 7,021-yard Robert Trent Jones, Jr., Course at the Rock Barn Golf & Spa. The Bearcats, who are making their seventh appearance in an NCAA Regional, are the No. 7 seed in the Southeast.
LIVE STATS: Golfstat
• The three-day, 54-hole tournament begins at 7:30 a.m. on Monday morning.
• Lander will begin play Monday at 7:30 a.m. paired with No. 14 Rollins and No. 20 Young Harris.
• The top three teams will earn automatic berths to the 2018 NCAA Division II Men's Golf Championship May 21-26, at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail at the Shoals, Fighting Joe Course in Muscle Shoals, Ala. The remaining eight team berths will be allocated based on the regions represented in the prior year's head-to-head medal play portion of the championships, with the maximum number of teams from a given region capped at seven.
• Lander is searching for its first appearance at the national championship since 2007, when the Bearcats finished 14th.
• The Bearcats have finished in the top five in five of their 10 events this season and has the fourth-lowest stroke average in the PBC.
• 16 of the 20 teams in the field are ranked in the top-20 in the nation.