Orlando, Fla. – After a fifth-place performance in the team's last outing, the No. 15-ranked Lander golf team is set to return to action at this week's McDonough Cup.
• The Historic Rio Pinar Golf Club will be the host of the McDonough Cup for the sixth consecutive year. The course hosted the PGA Tour's Citrus Open and the LPGA's Women's Citrus Open from 1966 to 1982.
• The course will play at nearly 7,000-yards with the mark for par set at 72.
• For Lander, the McDonough Cup will mark the second outing in a string of four straight tournaments that will be played in the state of Florida. The team's first performance in the Sunshine State came two weeks ago at the Copperhead Championship.
• The tournament will feature 18-teams including two fellow Peach Belt Conference members in Flagler and Young Harris
• Lander enters the McDonough Cup as the second-highest ranked team in the field. South Atlantic Conference opponent Newberry tops the field at No. 6 in the latest Golfweek Coaches Poll.
• Sophomore Conor Richards led the Bearcats with a fifth-place finish to go along with a three round score of 1-over par at the Copperhead Championship two weeks ago.