Dahlonega, Ga. – After finishing 10th in last week's season opener at the Cougar Invitational, the No. 23-ranked Lander men's golf team will again travel south on Monday to compete in the 4th annual UNG Fall Invitational.
• The two-day invitational will feature two other nationally ranked opponents in No. 8 Newberry and No. 16 Lee to go along with seven teams who received votes in the latest GCAA Coaches' Poll.
• Six fellow Peach Belt Conference members are set to compete in this week's tournament (Clayton State, Flagler, Georgia College, Georgia Southwestern, North Georgia and Young Harris).
• Achasta Golf Club in Dahlonega, Ga will serve as the hosting course in this week's UNG Invitational. Achasta has hosted a number of PGA Tour qualifying events including the 2007-2008 AT&T Classic Qualifier, 2002-2006 Bell South Classic Open Qualifier and the 2003 US Open Qualifier.
• Junior Michael Brodie and sophomore Conor Richards were the top finishers for the Bearcats in last week's Cougar Invitational. Brodie and Richards finished tied for 17th with a three round score of 1-over par.
• Newberry won last year's UNG Fall Invitational with a five-player score of 831. Lander finished second with a score of 840.