FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – The Lander men's basketball team (3-4, 0-2 PBC) hits the road Monday as the Bearcats face their final non-conference foe of the season, taking on Fayetteville State (3-5, 0-0 CIAA) at 7:00 p.m.
SOCIAL: Follow @LUmbbearcats on Twitter for in-game updates
• The Bearcats and Broncos tangled last season in Greenwood, with Fayetteville State earning a 97-92 win in overtime.
• Monday's contest will be Lander's third road game in its last four outings. The Bearcats travel to Young Harris to resume Peach Belt Conference play on Thursday afternoon.
• Lander put together its best offensive performance of the season on Saturday afternoon against Livingstone. The Bearcats scored 89 points on 20 assists, both season highs, and made 37 trips to the free throw line.
• Junior guard Jordan Dingle netted a career-high 19 points in the win over the Blue Bears, adding six rebounds, three assists and one steal.
• Senior forward Srdjan Ivic recorded his third double-double of the season on Saturday, scoring 12 points and pulling down a career-high 13 rebounds.
• The 18 Bearcat assists on Saturday were the most for Lander since last year's matchup against Livingstone, when the Bearcats dished 22 assists in a loss.
• Lander is seeking its first win in the state of North Carolina since December 5, 2012, when the Bearcats defeated UNC Pembroke.