GREENWOOD – The Lander men's basketball team returns to the Peach Belt Tournament semifinals for the second consecutive season as the Bearcats face Eastern division foe UNC Pembroke on Saturday afternoon at 3:30 p.m. in Horne Arena.
WATCH: Peach Belt
LIVE STATS: Semifinals
SOCIAL: Follow @LUmbbearcats on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (12-17) is participating in its 23rd Peach Belt Conference tournament in 26 years. The Bearcats are 19-18 all-time in the PBC tournament. Lander is searching for its fifth tournament championship in program history (1994, '95, '07, '16).
• The Bearcats faced UNC Pembroke twice during the regular season, with the Braves winning both matchups.
• Lander and UNCP have met just once during the PBC Tournament. The Braves elminated the Bearcats in the first round of the 1996 tournament with a 67-65 overtime victory.
• Finis Horne Arena is hosting the conference tournament for the fifth time in history and the first time since 2007.
• The Bearcats advanced to the semifinals with an upset win over Western division champion Clayton State, 89-86, in double overtime on Saturday night. Lander became the first No. 4 seed from the East to ever defeat the Western champion in the PBC Tournament.
• Lander ranks third in the conference with 8.5 made three-pointers per game.
• Senior guard JR Washington currently sits in third place on Lander's all-time scoring list. He has 1,804 career points and is 30 points away from tying Clinton Cobb for second place.